By Keith Strange
August 4, 2014
The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On July 28, Jesse James Outlaw, 21, of Johnson Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone opened his storm door and attempted to unlock a door through a broken window.
• On July 27, Ashley Nicole Horton, 28, of Trapper Lane in Mount Airy, reported that someone entered her home through an unlocked door and stole a Nintendo game console and multiple Nintendo games. The items taken were valued at $620.
• On July 27, Dustin Gray Burton, 33, of Snow Hill Church Circle in Elkin, reported that someone broke into his home and stole a flat screen television, a radio and a black powder rifle with scope. The items taken were valued at $1,500.
• On July 26, David Wayne Turner, 64, of Simpson Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone damaged a metal fence, causing $50 in damage.
• On July 26, Steven Claude Taylor, 61, of West Drive in Winston Salem, reported that someone entered his vehicle located on U.S. 21 in State Road, and stole various items including a change purse, a driver’s license and a military identification card.
• On July 25, Ashley Lane Joyce, 26, of South Main Street in Mount Airy, reported that someone hacked into her cell phone in an attempt to gain personal information.
• On July 25, Derick Lee Crane, 41, of Westfield Road in Westfield, reported that someone entered his property and stole a four cycle land cultivator valued at $250.
• On July 25, Patty Jean Dollyhite, 68, of Brim Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone threw a rock through the rear window of her 2004 Dodge Durango, causing $300 in damage.
On July 24, Joseph Andrew Johnson, 57, of Tom’s Creek Church Road in Pilot Mountain, reported that someone entered an outbuilding on his property and stole various antique items valued at $300.