First Posted: 5/11/2015
• A woman listed as homeless was arrested Sunday in connection with a theft in Mount Airy, according to city police department reports. Tammy Brown Easter, 45, was encountered by officers at a location on West Church Street during an investigation of a possible breaking and entering that arrest records indicate involved drugs. Easter subsequently was charged with larceny, possession of stolen property/goods and possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, 12 units of clonazepam that were listed as stolen but recovered. She was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $500 secured bond and slated for a June 4 appearance in District Court.
• Mary Katherine Combs Brintle, 45, of 159 Greenhouse Trail, Lowgap, was served Friday with an outstanding order for arrest on a violation of delivering or accepting a blank/open title after police encountered her at Mayberry Flea Market. Other details were not listed regarding the case, for which Brintle is free on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court on May 19.
• A second-degree trespassing violation was filed Friday against Joshua Wayne Sizemore, 29, of 114 Rocking Horse Trail, at city housing authority property on Granite Road, from which he had been banned last October by a city officer. Sizemore is scheduled to be in court on June 9.
• Sophia Nicole Cifuentes, 27, of 160-D Calvary Drive, and Thomas Clinton Payne Jr., 25, of 210 Rawley Ave., were served Friday with criminal summonses for allegedly soliciting at Smokin’ Tobacco Pipes and More, a local business, with details of their alleged crime not listed. Cifuentes and Payne are to appear in District Court on June 9.
• Jerry Gray Slate, 65, of 256 Beasley St., was jailed Friday on a city leash law violation and second-degree trespassing. Slate’s dogs were located on the property of a complaining neighbor, Susan Bennett DeJesus, which led to a Surry County Animal Control officer taking custody of two of the dogs. A warrant for trespassing was issued by DeJesus against Slate, who was held under a $1,500 secured bond pending a court appearance.
• Jimmy Thurmond Frazier, 32, of 207 E. Lebanon St., was ordered held under an $11,000 secured bond on May 5 after a larceny investigation at the Super C convenience store on East Pine Street. Frazier allegedly took merchandise there — which he returned before police arrived — but an outstanding order for arrest was discovered for him which had been filed on March 26. Frazier is scheduled to be in Surry District Court on June 9.
• Magan Lee Hunter, 26, of 161 Cook School Road, Pilot Mountain, was cited for larceny on May 5 at Walmart, where she allegedly took merchandise valued at nearly $100. Hunter’s court date is June 3.
• Police were told on May 5 that a known suspect had stolen an RCA converter box valued at $50 from Walmart on April 25.